Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DMX Released from Arizona Prison

by Jason Lipshutz, N.Y.
Getty Images
DMX

DMX became a free man on (today) Tuesday (July 19) after serving a seven-month sentence in an Arizona prison, a rep for the rapper confirms to Billboard.com.

According to AllHipHop.com, DMX (real name: Earl Simmons) was greeted by a group of friends and family after being released early in the morning. The rapper was originally given a one-year sentence for violating his probation, the latest legal run-ins for the MC after more than 25 arrests.


"I spoke to my daughter, I just got off the phone with my wife," says DMX shortly after his release. "I'm going to go see my daughter while the sun is up then I'm going to be in the studio man."



In an interview with VIBE last month, DMX confirmed that he is working on his seventh studio album, "Redemption of the Beast," with artists like Swizz Beatz and the LOX. His last album, "Year of the Dog… Again," was released in 2006.
Billboard - the JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment